Cosplay: Wonder Woman (Dawn of Justice)

Leave a Comment
Hello! I want to share with you my experience about creating my most recent cosplay of Wonder Woman from the Batman vs Superman movie for Puerto Rico Comic Con (biggest cosplay event in PR).


First of all, I gonna talk a little bit about other cosplays I have done. 


STORY TIME...


I started doing cosplay back in 2013 for the Puerto Rico Comic con. The idea was born when some friends of mine, asked me to do as Lara Croft (new game back then). I told them I would do it if they help me and they did. *Bonus info* I met my husband during that event (Superman MoS).  In 2014 I created (with husband and a friend help) Wonder Woman New 52. My husband is a Superman lover and he wanted us to cosplay together as a couple. In the new 52 comics Wonder Woman and Superman are couple *yay!*  Took a break from 2014 to 2016 when we decided to go for the BvS cosplays.  . 

Wonder Woman: Batman vs Superman 
We decided to create this cosplay 4 weeks before Comic Con 2016. It was a huge challenge but we were up for it. First of all we took a look to different photos of her new costume. 

Photo found online

Comparing to the New 52 version this one has so many details, after looking to different photos we almost gave up without starting. I was really scare of this costume, the making, the wear test and the big event. 
Superman & Wonder Woman New 52

Corset
We started by buying a red corset, but her new dress is not bright red... So we had to dye it with black dye and got a deep red, exactly what we were looking.

PERFECT!
Since we were short of time, I couldn't create the armor effect but instead, I painted them with acrylic paint. 

Not perfect but is something


Skirt
For the skirt I bought black vinyl with leather effect and paint it metallic blue. For the patrons, we used a computer program named Pepakura, we downloaded WW costume in it and from there we started to cut everything with my measurements.  























Skirt Results (behind)
Armor
All the "armor" was created with foamy, yes... thin foam because we were so short of time that we couldn't order it online and it seems PR doesn't know about other foams haha! The most complicated thing of this dress was her boots. It was so hard for us to keep them in place, we tried many glues and the pieces we falling apart anyways. So we had to use different glues and methods to make it work. 

 

The Lasso of Truth 
Was created with leather and twinkled lights. The lights were white and I couldn't find anything in yellow so I painted them with yellow nail polish. 


 Shield and Sword
I had no idea how to create those and since we were running out of time, the best we could do was buying both items online. Funny thing is, we almost didn't get it, the items arrived 2 days BEFORE Comic Con.



Puerto Rico Comic Con 2016: The big day!
We went there with a group from the Justice League. We had Batman, Superman (my husband), Aquaman (my best friend's husband), Mera (my best friend) and Wonder Woman (me). I was so nervous because I knew I wouldn't be the only one as WW that day. I already saw photos the day before of other girls looking great and that was making me more nervous than ever! 

People loved us! They were screaming for us!

Superman, WW, Batman, Aquaman, Mera

Makeup look 

Full look



I HAD TO!
I really love this cosplay, sadly some of the pieces got damaged during the event. For next year I will upgrade it for the Wonder Woman movie and the Justice League movie, but this time I will use better foam and better techniques. With every cosplay I learn something new and Im looking forward to keep cosplaying different versions of Wonder Woman together with my husband as Supmerman. We are a team and we always work as a team and that's how we make everything happen. 
Follow me on my Instagram (ladyluckbeauty) to see more photos of the making and PRCC. You can also follow me on snapchat (ladyluck277) for my silly adventures, 
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *

Instagram

Instagram

Follow Us

Subscribe

Stats


 

Followers

Social Media

Follow
Follow

Like Us!